Why Should We Add Hemp Into a Plant-based Diet?
Good Hemp are pleased to announce that we have teamed up with Eva Humphries, a BANT Registered Nutritionist, on a series of educational videos about all things hemp.
This episode will look at how Good Hemp seeds and our other products can help to enhance a plant-based diet. The videos will be spread across 6 different articles and will be uploaded weekly.
This video will look at how the following can be obtained from adding hemp into your diet:
- Omega 3/6 fats
A few fun facts from the video:
- A tablespoon of hemp protein can bump up the protein of any meal and it can be incorporated into both savoury and sweet dishes.
- Hemp seeds are full of all the essential amino acids needed to create a complete protein.
- Hemp seeds reduce the hunger hormone levels in your body, meaning it is more likely to keep you fuller for longer.
- Hemp seeds do not contain any phytic acid which is the acid that prevents zinc being absorbed to the body. Therefore, the hemp seeds help to add more zinc into our diet.
- 100g of hemp seeds contain 700mg of magnesium which is twice the daily recommended intake for women and 1.6x the recommended amount for men. Magnesium is known as the ‘relaxation’ nutrient as it helps to relax the human body.