Creamy Hemp Milk Pasta
The ultimate comfort meal, we all need a creamy pasta once in a while. It soothes the soul. When making a plant-based creamy sauce you’ll always need 3 things- a plant milk, nutritional yeast (aka nooch) and silken tofu, giving it the perfect creamy taste and texture.
In this recipe, we’re adding some vegan cheeze, lemon juice and soy sauce to add flavour, along with a load of extra veg.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1/2 large courgette (sliced and halved)
- 200g white mushrooms (halved or quartered)
- 350g whole wheat pasta
- 40g chopped sundried tomatoes
- 100g fresh or frozen peas
- 300ml Good Hemp Seed Milk
- 50g grated dairy free cheese plus 1 more handful
- 1 tablespoon of nutritional yeast
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 225g silken tofu
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- Handful of chopped spinach
- Hemp seeds to garnish
- Chilli flakes to garnish (optional)
Begin by adding the pasta to a saucepan, covering with cold water and placing on the hob on a medium heat. Cook as per instructions and once cooked, drain and rinse with cold water.
Meanwhile in another pan on a medium heat add the olive oil followed by sliced courgette and mushrooms. Cook for a few minutes before adding the garlic and chopped sundried tomatoes.
In a blender make the creamy sauce by blending the Good Hemp Seed Milk, grated cheese, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, salt, pepper, silken tofu, and soy sauce.
Once blended add to the pan with the veggies along with the drained pasta, peas and chopped spinach.
Combine and leave to simmer for 5 minutes until the sauce thickens slightly and the spinach wilts. Serve in bowls and sprinkle some hemp seeds and chilli flakes to finish. Enjoy!