CBD Corn Tacos
Have you ever made tacos from scratch? If you haven’t, then why don’t you try it out with this easy to follow guide.
These handmade corn tacos have been paired with tahini, pickled onions and herbs, they are also laced with Good Hemp CBD oil for a bright and calm summer feeling all yearlong. You never know, these tacos could transport you to Mexico with every bite! 🌮
- Corn Silk Stock
- 200ml boiling water, The silks from two corns, 5 black peppercorn
- 200g Corn silk stock (or veg stock if fresh corn is not available), 200g corn masa (purple or regular), 20g Good Hemp Seeds
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper, 1/4 tsp salt
- CBD Corn
- 2 tbsp olive oil, 1 white onion, peeled and finely diced
- ¼ tsp salt or smoked salt, 1 clove garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 fresh corn (or use 200g frozen corn)
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds, 1 tsp smoked paprika, 15g coriander, finely chopped
- 1 tsp miso, 1 pipette good hemp CBD, ¼ tsp black pepper
- 100g tahini
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 75ml Good Hemp seed milk, 2 tsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- Hemp and herb Pickled Onion
- 3 small red onions
- 150ml apple cider vinegar, 60ml Good Hemp oil
- 15g organic cane sugar, 1/2 tsp smoked salt
- 1 fresh red chilli, roughly sliced, 10 coriander leaves and 10 coriander seeds
Place the corn silks into a heatproof bowl with the peppercorns and pour over the boiling water. Leave the mixture to sit for five minutes and then strain the silk and pepper from the liquid, keeping the ‘stock’ for the tacos.
Place the corn masa into a large bowl and then add the stock ¼ at a time, mixing thoroughly with a spoon and then your hands. The dough should start to easily form a ball, then add the help seeds and spices and kneed them through. Let the dough sit for five minutes.
Heat 2 tbsp hemp oil in a frying pan and , once hot, add the chopped onion and a pinch of salt, cook the onions on a medium-low heat for five minutes until translucent. Add the garlic and cook for one more minute
Add the corn kernels only with the coriander seeds and smoked paprika and cook until the corn is soft and bright yellow, this will take 3-5 minutes. Add 1 tbsp water and the mix and cook on a medium heat so that everything sizzles. Then add the herbs, CBD and pepper and turn off the heat.
Mix all of the tahini ingredients together in a bowl until smooth, set aside.
When everything is ready you can then press the tacos into rounds using a taco press or roll them into circles placing a golf ball sized round of dough between two pieces of baking paper and rolling to 2-3 mm thick with a rolling pin. Heat a large frying pan and then cook the tacos one by one for 2 minutes on each side.
Heat the vinegar, oil, chilli, sugar, and salt in a small saucepan over high heat until boiling. Once it reaches a boil, remove from the heat. Pour the vinegar mixture over the onion. Add the herbs and let the mixture cool.
Warm everything through and serve the tacos with a spoonful of the tahini, a few tbsp of corn and garnished with onions and leaves.